Infant Formula Milk Powder Big Bag Specification
BIG BAG USED FOR MILK POWDER INTERMEDIATE STORAGE;
REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALITY, COMPOSITION AND PROPERTIES
Infant Formula Milk Powder Big Bag Specification/Scope
This specification relates to the supply of a flexible intermediate bulk container (FIBC) with a capacity of 700 kgs to 1000 kgs all deliveries of which must comply with this specification.
Big Bag Packaging Material Description and Application
A PE liner, white, for use in conjunction with a FIBC, for the bulk packaging of 1000 Kgs of Infant Milk powder and other milk powders. The FIBC dimensions it should fit:
Big Bag External Dimension
FIBC width 1000 mm x 1000 mm
FIBC height 1650 mm
Big Bag Internal dimension
FIBC width 960 mm x 960 mm
FIBC height 1630mm
Big Bag Tolerance
FIBC width ± 50 mm
FIBC height ± 50 mm
The actual bulk filling process can be viewed by arrangement with Watson Dairy Consulting, to ensure that the FIBC and liner are capable of complying with the process requirements for the performance of the package during packing.
Big Bag Product description
FIBC 1000 x 1000 x 1650 with PE liner
All packaging materials supplied must be fit for the intended purpose. Technical specifications and quality indicators are requirements of this specification and must be respected, are intended to be used as a means of ensuring the ultimate fitness of the packaging material supplied. The fitness for purpose requirement is a fundamental aspect of this specification and a decisive element in the acceptance of any material supplied.
All packaging materials must be free of:
- BFDGE, NOGE, BADGE, 2-EHA, DIBP, DEPH, ITX, 2-Phenylphenol and derivatives.
- Latex, also latex may not be used nor be present during production process.
- PVC as part of the product or packaging material.
- UV-B filter 2-ethylhexyl-4-methoxycinnamaat
- It is the suppliers responsibility to proactively inform us before any changes are made in material sourcing, composition, processing (incl. Location) or packing. This requirement does not relieve the supplier' s obligation to comply with this specification as defined in it's scope.
- The packaging material may only be produced according to the Technical Agreements mentioned in section 6 of this specification and authorized by us . The packaging material must not contain any further additives.
- The packaging material must be produced and transported under hygienic conditions and in such a way as to avoid contamination.
- Specific standards apply for contaminants and migration. Details for the Packaging material are contained in section 6/ enclosure 04 of this specification (Migration and Food Contact approval).
- We must have full access to the supplier’s sampling system, test plan, analysis methods and results relating to the in-process control and release system for the supplied packaging materials. Our representatives are to be granted access to all relevant supply chain facilities for thorough inspection subject to prior arrangement.
- We require material traceability. The appropriate level of traceability for the packaging material is indicated in section 8 of this specification.
- A certificate of actual analysis/ measurements -frequency to be discussed. The certificate will include the following (to be confirmed):
- Test data on the film
- Migration analysis / cert. per extrusion run of film, on the converted liner
- Test data on the shaped liner An actual copy of the certificate of analysis, outlining the content, test frequencies and other relevant details to be specified on the certificate of analysis will form part of the contract of purchase between the supplier and SSD.
- The Packaging material (including material components, processing aids, detergents and any further materials and aids used to ensure the technical applicability of the packaging material) are used for the packing of dietetic goods providing nutrition for infants and young children according to EC-Directive 96/ 5/ EC on processed cereal based foods and baby foods; EC-Directive 91/321/EEC on infant formulae and follow on formulae and EC-Directive 1999/21/EC on dietary foods for special medical purposes.
- The production and packing of these goods requires the highest quality standards and strict compliance to legal requirements. It is mandatory that the products are without any risks to the health.
- The Packaging Materials, including material components, processing aids, detergents and any further materials and aids used to ensure the technical applicability of the Packaging Material, must comply with the requirements of all relevant national, EC and US legislation in force and especially:
- With the requirements of the packaging Materials and Articles in Contact with Foodstuffs enforced in Regulation (EC) No 1935/ 2004 of the European Parliament and Directive 2002 / 72 / EC and their amendments.
- Materials used for packaging must comply with the relevant EC-Directives concerning Packaging Waste and Packaging materials Directive 94/ 62 EC and their amendments.
- All relevant US regulations and in particular 21 CFR 174 - 21 CFR 178 and all of it's sub-sections on indirect food additives.
- All grease and lubricants to come in to direct contact with the packaging material have to be approved EC and FDA materials.
- Supplier is responsible to do the necessary enquiries and tests in order to make sure that the Packaging Material complies with the relevant legislation in relation to the intended application of the packaging material. Supplier will provide Us with statements and/or certificates that indicate that packaging material complies with the relevant legislation. A list of provided statements is contained in section 6. "The supplier will supply Us with a formal certificate from a recognized professional body,verifying the liner's conformance with the requirements of EC directive 2002/72/EC ,based on actual analysis with food simulants.The frequency of this analysis and certification will be specified in the contract of purchase."
The Packaging material must be in such a condition that no negative influence or effect to the taste odor and structure of the product can result from the direct contact with the product. It should provide an adequate protection,be compatible with the product, and not be a source any contamination.The packaging material must meet the Our performance standard.
Production date has to be clearly marked on pallets and transport documentation. Codes used on the Package must be sufficient to allow trace ability of the product back to manufacturing batch. Each unit has to be labelled with the local Material number and Order number of the destined production location, as well as Date of Manufacturing, Quantity, Type or Product Name.
For detailed labelling see enclosure 05.
Transport and Packaging
Packaging, storage and transport of the Packaging Material to the packaging line must take place in such a way as to avoid damaging, contamination and dust. Packaging material must be suitable for this purpose. Materials used for packaging must comply with the relevant EC-Directives concerning Packaging Waste and Packaging materials Directive 94/ 62 EC and it's amendments. Direct Food contact materials have to be packed in materials in compliance with EC-Directive 2002/ 72/ EC as amended related to materials and articles intended to come into direct contact with foodstuffs.
Storage and Shelf life
The packaging materials have to be stored at suitable ambient conditions. The storage period must not be longer as the unobjectionable applicability of the packaging material can be guaranteed. If any special requirements are recommended, the supplier should inform Us immediately, correctly and complete. The product must be stored without influences having an intensive odour.
Certificate of Analysis
We are is entitled to demand a certificate of analysis, which certifies the conformity of the packaging material with this specification on the basis of the analytical data. The certificate of analysis must be sent to the destinated production location upon every delivery with reference to production batch code as defined in section 8 of this specification. For parameters see the Technical Agreement and certificate of Analysis of this specification.
For more information on this service please contact us.